Roles for Users and Groups
Manage the access of users and groups to system features through their assigned roles.
Effective data practices rely on individuals with different areas of expertise. Tamr Core does not require the use of all roles: you can use any number or combination of the Tamr Core roles to meet your organization’s goals. Admins can assign roles to individual users, to groups of users, or both, as needed for your organization.
Tamr Core provides the following predefined roles:
- Admin: This role provides complete access to dataset, project, and user management, including uploading source datasets and exporting any Tamr-generated datasets.
- Author: This role grants permission to create projects and assign them to policies. Authors can also upload datasets and assign them to policies.
- Curator: This role grants permission for most actions in a project, including exporting source datasets, running project jobs, and curating assignments. Curators cannot create projects or change project or dataset access.
- Verifier: This role grants permission to manage task assignment and verify Tamr Core suggestions in mastering and categorization projects.
- Reviewer: This role grants permission to review assigned tasks in a project, navigate unified datasets, and create comments.
See the Permissions Matrix by User Role for a detailed reference into the features available to each role.
Users are user accounts tied to people or functional accounts that exist for specific applications to use.
- Create a user
- Edit a user's information or password
- Edit a user's roles
- Edit a user's groups
- Navigate the Users Page
Groups are logical expressions of organization, tying users together for a common purpose. Groups allow you to organize the assignment of roles for multiple users at once. You can assign a different role to a group's roles in each project.
Updated 4 months ago