Usernames must meet the following requirements:
- Cannot be be blank or null.
- Cannot exceed 255 characters.
User passwords must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 8 characters (inclusive).
- Maximum of 64 characters (inclusive).
- May include any ASCII and Unicode characters, such as numbers, letters, an underscore, a star, or other such characters.
The user credentials validation in Tamr Core fails if these requirements are not met.
Important: Tamr Core applies password validation requirements only to user credentials that admins create or update directly in Tamr Core. LDAP and SAML may impose their own password requirements.
To create a user:
- In the top-right corner, select Users and Groups > Create new user.
- In the Create new user dialog, fill in values for the required fields Username and Password.
- (Optional) Enter values for First, Last and Email.
- (Optional) If this user is an admin, toggle on the Admin setting. See Users, Roles, and Groups for more information about the admin role.
- Select Create user.
Groups allow you to organize user permissions for multiple users at once. Group names cannot be changed.
To create a group:
- In the top-right corner, select Users and Groups > Groups
- Select Create new group.
- In the Create new group dialog, enter a Name and Description for the group.
- (Optional) If this group will contain only admin users, toggle on the Admin setting. See Users, Roles, and Groups for more information about the admin role.
- Select Create group.
After creating users and groups, you can assign curator, verifier, or reviewer roles for each policy to non-admin users and groups. See User Policies.
Updated 10 months ago