Fill is a prepackaged transformation that is available in Tamr user interface as its own option, as shown in the following screenshot.
To use Fill:
- Select a unified attribute from the Select drop-down menu. The list displays all unified attributes you choose in the schema mapping stage.
- Specify records to which this operation should apply:
- all records from the entire unified dataset, or
- only records from specific source datasets.
- In Fill value, specify the value you would like to fill, such as
For example, you may want to replace all empty birthdates with the string "Unknown" because before applying the Fill transformation, this field was empty for 30% of records in the dataset.
Using the Fill tool as shown, you can specify how to update the unified dataset.
After selecting Show all, the preview of the dob attribute is updated. If you are happy with the transformation, save it.
This transformation will be applied across the unified dataset and appear in any exports.
Updated 7 months ago