Before installing Tamr Core, identify an installation directory, such as
/data/tamr. The directory in which Tamr Core is installed is referred to as the Tamr home directory or
<tamr-home-directory> in examples in this documentation.
You specify the directory's location when you install Tamr Core and cannot subsequently modify it. Follow these requirements when identifying the Tamr home directory.
- The directory is not located on the root mount
- The directory is located on a mount with the required disk space, such as
- The directory is owned by the
Important: Do not set a local environment variable for the Tamr home directory.
Before You Begin:
- Review and complete the Tamr Core system requirements.
- Obtain a license key by contacting Tamr Support at [email protected].
- Install NGINX, a reverse proxy server which allows clients to access Tamr Core securely over HTTPS.
- Install and start PostgreSQL.
Note for AWS deployments: This step is required even if you already have an installed instance of PostgreSQL.
- Create the database and database user for Tamr Core to access PostgreSQL. Verify PostgreSQL is accessible for the defined database, username, and password.
- Verify the ulimit resource limits defined in
- Verify that the current user is the functional user, such as
- Obtain the Tamr Core software bundle
- Identify the installation directory, as described in Tamr Home Directory Requirements above.
To install Tamr Core software:
- Unpack the Tamr Core software bundle
unify.zipin the Tamr home directory:
- Start all Tamr Core application dependencies:
- Configure Tamr Core to use the PostgreSQL password used during database creation. If you need to change the password, see Changing the PostgreSQL Password.
- Provide a valid license key to Tamr Core. See Setting the License Key.
- (Optional) Configure Tamr Core to use non-default settings. For example, specify custom ports. (You also can configure Tamr Core at a later time.) See Configuring Tamr and Changing the Default Tamr Port.
- Start Tamr Core:
- Configure backup settings. See Configuring Backup.
Updated 5 months ago