After the backup process starts, the service returns backup identifiers and the backup proceeds asynchronously.
- You can use the relativeId to get the status of the backup. See Check Backup Status.
- You can create backups in AWS S3, GCS, HDFS, or a local folder. See Configuring a Backup Location.
- If another backup is already in progress, the service returns an error.
See Get all backups for a description of the JSON object returned in the response.
About the Backup Process
The Tamr Core backup process behaves as follows:
- Tamr Core enters read-only mode.
- The Postgres database, application configuration, and files in HDFS are backed up to the backup directory.
- Creates an HBase snapshot and the backup of the ElasticSearch begins.
- Tamr Core reenters read-write mode.
- The HBase snapshot is copied to the backup directory.
- If the backup process completes successfully, the service writes a
SUCCEEDEDfile to the backup directory.
- If the backup process fails, the service writes a
FAILEDfile to the backup directory.