A Golden Records Project solves the task of creating a single or golden record from a group or cluster of records that refer to the same entity. This task is also known as entity consolidation.
You, as Curator or Reviewer, create golden records in one of the following ways:
- Based on clusters that you obtain from a Mastering Project.
- For any dataset containing a grouping key.
The workflow for working with golden records is as follows:
- Add a dataset and define the grouping key or obtain a cluster from a mastering project.
- Create rules to consolidate the values of specific attributes. This allows Tamr to begin generating golden records.
The rules can include different types of filters and conditions that you can set per attribute. Conditions narrow down which set of records to apply to the rule. For each attribute, Tamr first applies one or more conditions that you create and then applies the rule. See Rules for Golden Records.
- Preview the rules for golden records.
- Review and edit the resulting golden record values.
- Publish their latest version and make it available to consumers. See Publishing Golden Records.